Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Back by Popular Demand!!! My Cinematic Hubris Part 2



Hello all and welcome back. My last post was such a rousing success that I felt compelled to continue on. I admit, my creative urges draw me to fresher and uncharted waters. But I would be remiss, even irresponsible, if I didn't tell you which films were worthy of your attention. How else will you navigate the treacherous back alleys of cinema if I didn't list, in alphabetical order with no other explanation or reason, the movies that mark an entire decade? And I did you a favor by ignoring all films not made American or English filmmakers. Trust me, the French, the Italians, the Japanese and the Indians know nothing about cinema.

In the yesterday's episode, I made mention that my expertise did not extend to film making prior to the 1970s. After much research and soul searching, I realised that I was mistaken. I had seen at least 10 films from the previous decade, the 1960s. As before, the following films are what I consider to be the wheat among the chaff. Please remember that I have seen each of these films. While I appreciate all of them, not all are amongst my favorites but I could make an informed and enlightened argument to their inclusion.

1960 - 1969
2001: A Space Odyssey
Bonnie and Clyde
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Cool Hand Luke
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Easy Rider
Midnight Cowboy
Night of the Living Dead
Pyscho
The Wild Bunch

Honorable Mentions
Goldfinger
The Hustler
Planet of the Apes

No comments:

Post a Comment